Monday, November 9, 2009

Maplewing Madness

So, I didn't get as far as I thought I would on my Maplewing Shawl while I was traveling. It turns out that there is something that I'd much rather do than knit: hang out with my family! Who would have thought?

Here's my progress so far...
I'm almost to the end of the bottom lace section, however I'm thinking I might add another repeat (or four) to make the shawl a little bit longer. Even though I'm making the tall size, I'm still worried that it will be too small. Although Anne Hanson, the shawl designer, is modeling the petite size in this photo, I'm fairly certain from other photos on her blog that she is pretty petite as well. So, I'm thinking that even though the tall size is bigger than what is shown in that photo, I don't know if it will be big enough. I'd rather knit it a little bit bigger and not take my chances that I'll end up with a neckerchief instead of a shawl.

I am, however, a bit concerned as to how those extra repeats will play out. I think I have a picture in my brain of the concept of the shawl and I'm thinking that a few more rows won't do any harm. I guess we'll see. I'd hate to rip back all those rows of tiny stitches, but if it isn't right then the tiny perfectionist inside of my brain will bug me until I do. But I have a hunch it will turn okay after some intense blocking.

As for the particulars, I am LOVING the Malabrigo Sock for this project. It is just the right amount of softness and durability. I have had recurring daymares about knitting a lace shawl with true lace yarn and then snagging it on a doorway or other object (because, let's be honest, I'm pretty klutzy like that) and crying my eyes out for days at the destruction of such a precious piece. But I don't get that paranoia with the Mal Sock, so let's all keep our fingers crossed that it holds up to regular wear.

And I can't say enough about the pattern itself. Anne Hansen does an amazing job of laying everything out in such a logical order, so it makes even the more difficult projects easy to understand and accomplish. It's written out line by line as well as charted, so you can take your pick of how you'd like to go about it.

Here's a couple shots of the stitch work. I can't wait to block it and open up the lace a little, although I am rather liking the way it is right now as well...all dense and squishy.

I will hopefully be getting some more time work on it as I will be traveling again here shortly. I'm headed to Reno for a conference for about a week and then to Seattle to visit some friends for a couple days. Of course I have already scoped out all of the local yarn store locations in both cities! I had no idea that Jimmy Beans Wool was located in Reno...and it's right down the street...so I just wouldn't feel right if I went all that way and didn't go visit...right? I thought so.

19 comments:

  1. Anne's patterns are great aren't they... good luck with your mods they sound like they'll work well. Your yarn is beautiful, perfect colour for a Maplewing shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the colour of your Malabrigo! As far as the finished size is concerned, has Anne put some blocked measurements on the pattern, so that you can get some idea of how big the 'tall' version will be? If not, it might be worthwhile checking out the FOs for Maplewing on Ravelry. I don't knit anything anymore without express approval of Rav... gaah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that the blocked measurements would be a good thing to look at, wouldn't it?! And I'm the same way about Ravelry...it's become such an important part of my process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the start-up cheap christian louboutin company, if you Christian Louboutin Daffodile have more programs and uggs outlet work plans with a uggs on sale value before it is determined, christian louboutin rather in the group with other team members to talk about, and Cheap LV Handbags do not come clean without thinking, at least to Discount Louis Vuitton retain half of your ugg soldes own ideas. Because in the cheap nike jordan shoes early has been developed in a planned planning, schedules cheap jordans and rates of Bags Louis Vuitton return, you will do this more readily available ugg boots to support others.4, to be proactive, not forced to wait. No matter discount christian louboutin how young you are, how no experience, wholesale jordan shoes you can Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags be Christian Louboutin Bois Dore an indispensable part of start-up companies. christian louboutin remise 50% Remember, everyone christian louboutin shoes has the potential ability and discount nike jordans intangible contributions. Facts ugg have proved that advance thinking, positive efforts will Discount LV Handbags help you find the opportunity to advance their own business results, even if only a simple ugg australia cleaning or for your colleagues to do a ugg pas cher report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the start-up cheap christian louboutin company, if you Christian Louboutin Daffodile have more programs and uggs outlet work plans with a uggs on sale value before it is determined, christian louboutin rather in the group with other team members to talk about, and Cheap LV Handbags do not come clean without thinking, at least to Discount Louis Vuitton retain half of your ugg soldes own ideas. Because in the cheap nike jordan shoes early has been developed in a planned planning, schedules cheap jordans and rates of Bags Louis Vuitton return, you will do this more readily available ugg boots to support others.4, to be proactive, not forced to wait. No matter discount christian louboutin how young you are, how no experience, wholesale jordan shoes you can Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags be Christian Louboutin Bois Dore an indispensable part of start-up companies. christian louboutin remise 50% Remember, everyone christian louboutin shoes has the potential ability and discount nike jordans intangible contributions. Facts ugg have proved that advance thinking, positive efforts will Discount LV Handbags help you find the opportunity to advance their own business results, even if only a simple ugg australia cleaning or for your colleagues to do a ugg pas cher report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. يتم تنظيف الشقق الجديدة في زاوية شركة نجد اعتماداً على دقة ومهارة موظفينا وكذلك أفضل وأحدث آلات التنظيف في البلاد وواضحة في تنظيف الشقق في الدمام وتلميع البلاط والسيراميكشركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف
    شركة تنظيف بالبخار بجدة
    شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete
  7. เล่นเลยฟรีเครดิต สล็อต joker slot online แจกโบนัสมากมาย
    https://www.slotxd.com/jokergaming123

    ReplyDelete
  8. he first and probably the most likely answer is to start your very own knitting website Kierrosmittari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Despite his poor performance, Abbott won a bronze medal in the team competition, but he probably will have to skate the best programs of his career to make the podium in the men's competition. The favorites are three time defending world champion Patrick Chan of Canada, Japan's Yuzuru Hanyu, who won the short program in the team event, and four time Olympic medalist Evgeni Plushenko, who won the long program in the team event. Jason Brown, 19, is the other American skater..

    Been convenient, a smiling Spezza agreed on Tuesday, after making the short hop from Mississauga to the Maple Leafs practice rink for another day of conditioning. The bulk of my career in Ottawa, I don think I ever thought I be playing here. It definitely takes a little bit of getting used to, seeing the jersey, but it an exciting time for me. (tags: Coach Outlet Store Online , Michael Kors Bags Sale, Coach Outlet Store, MK Outlet)

    We whizzed through, taking in sweeping views of the city from Loma de la Cruz (the Hill of the Cross). Apparently it almost 500 steps but we cheated and drove to the top for lunch and a view. But what I loved was just meandering on a busy pedestrian only street, munching on peanuts from a street vendor and freshly fried churros from a small shop. (tags: Jordan Shoes For Sale Cheap, 2020 Jordan Release Dates, Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet)

    Are you worried about the success of your small businesses this holiday season? With the economy still in the dumps and many consumers not spending money like they have in year's past, many small businesses are concerned about whether they can weather another holiday season. The truth of the matter is that no matter what type of business you have, it might still be a difficult year. However, you can take the right steps now to ensure your success (tags: Cheap Real Yeezys, Discount Jordan Shoes Wholesale, Cheap Yeezys).

    ReplyDelete
  10. شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض 0500091013 ارخص شركة نقل عفش – إدارة سعودية


    شركتنا بتقدم لك كل ما تحتاجه فى نقل عفش بيتك وباقل التكاليف فالدينا اكبر اسطوال سيارات مخصصه لنقل الاثاث بامان تام ومغلقه للحفاظ على الاثاث من اى اتربه او اتساخ , نحن نتعامل مع الاثاث بحرص وبدقه لاننا لدينا عماله محترفه و مدربه على تنزيل الاثاث بشكل سليم و مظبوط و ايضا نتعامل مع الاجهزه الكهربائيه بشكل صحيح لعدم حدوث اى خطأ و لتصلك كل المنقولات سليمه ولا يوجد بها اى خدش العماله لدينا مضونه وامينه على كل ممتلكاتك لاننا نختار العاملين بكل دقه وهذا ما يجعلنا نتقدم بشكل ملحوظ بين شركات نقل الاثاث

    نقل اثاث بالرياض
    فالشركة رائدة والمتخصصة فى تخزين الاثاث ونقل العفش بأحدث الطرق وأضمن الوسائل التى تمكنكم من ضمان نقل وتخزين عفش دون قلق او خوف من تلف او فقدان منقولاتكم، حيث أن شركة مكة من أوائل شركات نقل الاثاث و نقل العفش في المملكة ، وتعد من أوائل الشركات فى نقل وتخزين اثاث متكامل لما تحتويه من خبره وتطور فى مجالها والسعى دائماً الى تحقيق ما هو أفضل لعملائنا الكرام،
    ووظيفتنا هى تسهيل عملية النقل لمنقولاتكم بدون تكبد اى عناء عليكم ،
    تخزين اثاث بالرياض
    ولذلك تقدم شركتنا تسهيلاً ، لعملائنا الكرام خدمة النقل الشامل والتى تتضمن فك الاثاث ،وتعبئته،وتغليفه، وتنضيفه،وتركيبه ، وذلك تسهيلاً منا عليكم ،كما تقدم شركتنا أيضاً خدمة اخرى وهى الخدمة الفردية والتى تتضمن خدمة النقل فقط بصوره آمنه وفى اسرع وقت ،نترك لكم الإختيار فى تقديم ما هو أفضل لكم وما يناسب إحتياجاتكم سواء خدمة النقل الشامل أو النقل الفردى ويتم تحديد أسعارنا نظراً للخدمات المطلوبة وذلك تسهيلاً على عملائنا الكرام.

    [URL=https://elawaeil.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%82%D9%84-%D8%A3%D8%AB%D8%A7%D8%AB-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6-%D8%B9%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9/]نقل اثاث بالرياض[/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleanliness is one of the important things and attention superslot

    ReplyDelete